Saturday, May 16, 2015 from 9:00am – 3:00pm, Aviation Education Outreach, a fund within the Community Foundation Of East Alabama, will host a Fly-In at the Auburn University Regional Airport.
Tickets are $5 at the gate and FREE Parking spaces for the event are available at Duck Samford Park, Lakeview Baptist Church and the Church of the Highlands. Children under the age of 6 get in free. Active duty military and veterans with a valid ID are also given free admission in honor of Armed Forces Day.
Pre-sale tickets are available now at the Auburn-Opelika Airport. Contact us via Facebook or our website for group presales. All proceeds from the event benefits Aviation Education Outreach and its various programs.
On-site exhibitors will include:
- Kelly Aerospace
- The U.S. Space & Rocket Center Space Camp & Aviation Challenge
- Auburn University’s Aviation Center
- GE Aviation
- The U.S. Marine Corps
- Auburn University’s Youth Aviation Camp
- The Disabled American Veterans-Lee County Chapter
- Douglas A-1 Skyrider from the Tennessee Museum of Aviation
- Jim Cook and his Yak 9
- Bill Culberson and his Mig-15
- T- 6 Texan ll from Pensacola Naval Air Station
- Bill Petit and his L-39
- John Blake and his Nanchang CJ-6
- Doc Kemp and his Yak 52
- Civil Air Patrol with a Cessna 182 Skylane G-1000
- Charles Welden and his Husky Seaplane
- The Life Saver Helicopter
- a Maule M-7 235 Super Rocket and L-23 Super Blanik Glider
- Local Boy Scout troops, and many more!
Armed Forces Day, established August 31,1949 by Secretary of Defense Louis Johnson and President Harry S. Truman, established a holiday for citizens to come together and thank our military members for their patriotic service in support of our country. Please join us in honoring our local military personnel as well as a proud aviation history!